A change to The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Case 2008-024 has been proposed relating to Inflation Adjustment of Acquisition-Related Thresholds. This new change will apply to the Department of Defense (DOD), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This rule includes the following proposed changes to heavily-used thresholds:
- The micro-purchase base threshold of $3,000 (FAR 2.101) will not be changed.
- The simplified acquisition threshold (FAR 2.101) will be raised from $100,000 to $150,000.
- The FedBizOpps preaward and post-award notices (FAR Part 5) remain at $25,000 because of trade agreements.
- Commercial items test program ceiling (FAR 13.500) will be raised from $5,500,000 to $6,500,000.
- The cost and pricing data threshold (FAR 15.403-4) will be raised from $650,000 to $700,000.
- The prime contractor subcontracting plan (FAR 19.702) floor will be raised from $550,000 to $650,000 and the construction threshold of $1,000,000 increases to $1,500,000.
This proposed rule is based on a projected CPI of 222 in April 2010.
McNew & Associates, Inc.
No Stress…Just Responsibility
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment